South Charleston, WV
AVN is a market driven research and process development company located in South Charleston, West Virginia. We work with clients from around the world in the chemical, energy and environmental industries. Many of AVN’s employees are world renowned leaders in their fields, and our goal is to be the innovation partner of choice for companies operating across these industries.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our cross-functional team of engineers and scientists working on cutting-edge process development. AVN is a dynamic and growing company that promotes creativity and flexibility in the workplace and encourages a culture of diversity and respect for fellow colleagues. We are looking for someone who has a passion for chemistry and process development and who works effectively in a collaborative environment.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and flexible work hours.
AVN’s Research and Development center is located near Charleston, the state capitol, in the heart of wild, wonderful West Virginia. This small city situated on the Kanawha River boasts the cultural and entertainment options of a metropolitan area, while also offering a low cost of living, short commutes, excellent schools, and access to ample outdoor recreation. For more information, see https://charlestonwv.com/
Chemical engineers within AVN are expected to work on a wide variety of projects and technologies and fill various roles depending on the nature of the project. This could include working on early-stage exploratory research in the laboratory, process development and economic feasibility assessments, or managing the design, construction and operation of pilot plant facilities. A successful candidate must be able to adapt quickly to new technologies brought to us from various companies and industries. Good communication and interpersonal skills are also key as the engineer will work directly with clients at times as well as on multi-disciplinary teams within the AVN organization.
- Drive to maintain a safe and clean work environment on the job site and ensure all project team members adhere to all safety and environmental rules.
- Work on multi-functional teams to accomplish goals in the laboratory or pilot plant operations. This includes working with chemists, operating technicians, analytical technicians, subject matter experts, management and clients.
- Provide project management support for laboratory and pilot plant projects including cost tracking and resource management.
- Develop and write new work instructions and operating procedures for technicians.
- Provide engineering design and process development support for research and commercialization opportunities.
- Work independently on short term and long-term assignments of varying complexity.
- Complete economic analysis of scaled-up facilities during process development stages.
- Occasionally visit customer sites to support research or participate in commercial scale operation assessments to identify changes in the manufacturing processes in order to improve yield, quality, cycle time, and overall production cost.
- Summarize project work in written reports.
- Track and forecast project spending.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in chemical engineering.
- Strong communication, organization, and planning skills.
- High level of technical aptitude and creativity.
- Ability to work safely in a lab or pilot plant and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and precautions.
- Knowledge of lab work processes and ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to research, analyze data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to contribute as a member of a project team.
- Capable of providing project leadership at an entry skill level.
- Laboratory, process development, and/or pilot plant experience.
- Multiple positions may be hired, and a range of experience levels will be considered. Pay/job title will be commensurate with experience.
South Charleston, WV
Position Posting Closing Date:
Sunday, October 30, 2022
To Apply, use the following link: https://avncorp.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2ok1adprwos
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, or current or future service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.