South Charleston, WV
AVN is a market driven research and process development company located in South Charleston, West Virginia. We work with clients from around the world in the chemical, energy and environmental industries. Many of AVN’s employees are world renowned leaders in their fields, and our goal is to be the innovation partner of choice for companies operating across these industries.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our cross-functional team of engineers and scientists working on cutting-edge process development. AVN is a dynamic and growing company that promotes creativity and flexibility in the workplace and encourages a culture of diversity and respect for fellow colleagues. We are looking for someone who has a passion for chemistry and process development and who works effectively in a collaborative environment.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and flexible work hours.
AVN’s Research and Development center is located near Charleston, the state capitol, in the heart of wild, wonderful West Virginia. This small city situated on the Kanawha River boasts the cultural and entertainment options of a metropolitan area, while also offering a low cost of living, short commutes, excellent schools, and access to ample outdoor recreation. For more information, see https://charlestonwv.com/
The Reaction Engineer provides chemical reaction engineering expertise to AVN Corporation and its customers; ensures the organization stays current on developments in reaction engineering; leads projects as a project manager, when appropriate and available; is safety-focused in their role and with co-workers; and supports the AVN Corporation culture of diversity and respect for our colleagues.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides chemical reaction engineering expertise on projects. Tasks include: developing and analyzing experimental programs to understand the reaction kinetics; specifying and scoping the design of reactors for specific applications; and understanding and addressing reactor scale-up issues from the bench to pilot plant to commercial scale.
- Stays current on developments in the field through literature, conferences, and personal contacts. Shares important advances with others on the AVN Corporation staff.
- Ensures safety is the top priority; ensures others that they interact with demonstrate good safety practices.
- Serves as laboratory supervisor; provides direction to laboratory technicians and manages the program progress and plans.
Other Job Functions
- May provide technical support at customer locations, such as during technology implementations.
- May meet with potential customers to understand their opportunities and explain how AVN Corporation can advance their technology to commercialization.
- May assist other project teams with general chemical engineering insight.
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering with an emphasis on reaction engineering topics.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in chemical engineering with an emphasis on reaction engineering topics, preferred.
- Strong understanding of chemical engineering principles, focusing on reaction engineering.
- High level of technical aptitude and creativity
- Knowledge of scientific research methods and data analysis.
- Capable of working independently on short and long-term projects.
- Able to work effectively within multi-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated project management abilities.
- Strong skills in communication, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable with providing leadership and direction to technical staff.
- Completion of a graduate research project and defense of the thesis.
- Experience modeling with computational fluid dynamics software packages is a plus.
South Charleston, WV
To Apply, use the following link: https://avncorp.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2ok1adgngzt
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, or current or future service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.https://avncorp.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2ok1adgngzt