South Charleston, WV
AVN is a strategic innovation partner providing deep, uncommon expertise and infrastructure to solve the most challenging problems of science and technology. With expertise in chemical, energy, environmental, and advanced software technologies, AVN enables its partners to move ideas from conception to market quickly and efficiently. AVN’s chemical, energy, and environmental services business unit is headquartered in South Charleston, West Virginia. This business unit provides unbiased chemical process development, scale-up, custom manufacturing, and research and development services to its chemical and energy-focused global customers.
As an Operations Engineer in a specialty and custom chemical production facility, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our manufacturing processes. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to plan, coordinate, and optimize production, improve processes, and uphold strict quality and safety standards. Chemical processes and technologies will vary based on client product needs, requiring adaptability, planning, and attention to detail. Your expertise will be pivotal in helping us meet our clients’ demands for cutting-edge specialty chemical solutions.
- Safety: Ensure all manufacturing operations adhere to safety regulations, protocols, and best practices. Actively participate in safety audits and training.
- Environmental Compliance: Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and sustainability initiatives related to chemical manufacturing based on pre-campaign analysis and process data collection. Oversee operators and follow work processes to properly handle and arrange for the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Production Planning: Collaborate with clients and management to ensure the smooth execution of production schedules to meet customer demands. Planning of custom manufacturing will include developing a production plan, material balances, procedures, raw material and logistics planning, and safety reviews.
- Operations Support: Monitor operating conditions by supporting operating technicians and electronic data to manage production and meet run objectives.
- Quality Control: Work with QA/QC support to implement quality control measures and documentation. Maintain operations to meet product quality, consistency, and purity requirements.
- Process Development: Work with clients and internal resources to scale up recipes and develop a process plan that is safe, effective, and meets quality and production objectives.
- Troubleshooting: Identify and resolve production issues promptly, collaborating with operating technicians, maintenance, chemists, analytical and engineering teams as needed.
- Data Analysis: Analyze production data to identify trends, maintain process control, and improve processes.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of production processes, equipment maintenance, quality, and safety procedures.
- Equipment Management: Collaborate with the manufacturing team to ensure the proper maintenance, calibration, and performance of manufacturing equipment.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with R&D, procurement, and logistics teams to support new product development and efficient supply chain management.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or closely related field (master’s degree preferred).
- Proven experience in chemical manufacturing operations, especially in the production of specialty chemicals.
- Strong knowledge of chemical processes, process safety practices, safety procedures, and quality control standards.
- Proficiency in process optimization and data analysis.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations and sustainability practices in chemical manufacturing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and a leading role in new production opportunities.
South Charleston, WV
To Apply, use the following link: https://avncorp.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2ok1adtudio
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, or current or future service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.