Senior Analytical Laboratory Technician
South Charleston, WV
The senior analytical laboratory technician performs analyses independently, under the supervision of a Project Manager or other senior laboratory personnel, to achieve project goals. This includes providing technical support and assistance to chemists and engineers. This position is safety-focused and supports the AVN culture of diversity and respect for our colleagues.
- Set up and conduct analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical or chemical separation techniques, or microscopy
- Independently set up methods for chemical mixtures analysis using various chemical and instrumental techniques
- Use control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Prepare chemical solutions for processes following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and follow strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Record results and sometimes interpret results to present to senior colleagues
- Maintain and clean laboratory instruments and equipment
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced
- Use computers and perform mathematical calculations to determine compositions and for the preparation of graphs and tables
- Exercise procedural, safety, and quality requirements specified in AVN ‘s Safety Manual and company policies
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Capable of interpreting various instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with groups of customers or employees of AVN
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence
- Good note-writing skills for effective documentation
- Skilled in math to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- High level of technical aptitude and creativity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to wear all personal protective equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry preferred
- Five years of related experience
- Experience in GC, GC/MS, HPLC, and LIMS.
- Experience setting up, operating, developing methods for, and maintaining analytical instruments.
- Master’s degree in chemistry
- More than five years of related experience
South Charleston, WV
Apply at: https://avncorp.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2ok1adwu1hj